The Faculty of Science, University of Portsmouth is offering a number of scholarships to Students from Nigeria and Ghana who have applied to study any of the following full-time taught Master’s postgraduate courses:
- MSc Engineering Geology
- MSc Geological and Environmental Hazards
- MSc Environmental Geology and Contamination
- MSc Crisis and Disaster Management
- MSc Geographical Information Systems
- MSc Coastal and Marine Resource Management
The scholarships comes as a 20% reduction in tuition. However note that this scholarship cannot be taken with any other fee reduction or bursary offered by the University of Portsmouth.
Note: The scholarship is a one-off fee reduction towards a one year taught Masters Degree programme. It is non-renewable and only valid for study on the courses listed above.
Who Can Apply
The scholarship is open to applicants from the following countries:
Nigeria: Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a high Second Class Lower) in a relevant subject.
Ghana: Scholarship is open to all Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject.
You can apply to be considered if you:
- Are fully self-funding
- Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
- Have applied to, been offered and accepted a place on, the postgraduate degree of your choice (conditional or unconditional firm offer).
- Have satisfied academic conditions detailed above and have met financial conditions including payment of non-refundable deposit.
The deadline for this application is June 30th, 2017.
For more information on this scholarship, visit the official scholarship publication.