The registration for the 2017 WAEC GCE has commenced. All prospective candidates are hereby informed that the registration for 2017 WAEC GCE otherwise known as the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, commenced April 28th, 2017.
2017 WAEC GCE MODE OF PAYMENT
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of thirteen thousand, nine hundred fifty naira N13,950 at any of the approved bank or any accredited agents to obtain the registration pin and information VCD.
2017 WAEC GCE Of Approved Banks
Access Bank P.lc
Diamond Bank P.l.c
Eco Bank Ltd
Wema Bank P.l.c
First Bank Of Nig.
Standard Chattered Bank
In addition candidates will be required to pay the sum of N500 to the banks/accredited agents
2017 WAEC GCE REGISTRATION PERIOD
The Normal registration period is from Friday April 28 to June 28. After obtaining registration pin, candidates should log on to http://www.waeconline.org.ng/ for registration.
Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the exam center.
Candidates who wish to register for the exam after the close of entries can be accommodated as ” walk-in-candidates” provided they register 24hours to the start of the paper(s) they intend to write. The “walk-in-candidates” fee is twenty five thousand naira, N25,000.
CANDIDATES WITH DIS-ABILITIES AND IMPAIRMENT
Candidates with disabilities/impairments will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their disabilities/impairment e.g blind, low vision, spastics, speech, e.t.c
2017 WAEC GCE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Candidates must conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, date of birth, and subjects are correct. They are also to print the admission notice/photocard as evidence of successful registration. This will serve as their Photo-Card during the examination. The result checker pin will also be on the top of the photo-card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for finger print registration.
2017 WAEC GCE IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
- Candidates should view the information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that examination fees are not refundable
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOTNE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 By 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photograph will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the regulations and syllabuses as well as the timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using their registration PIN
- All candidates must go to their examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination hall
- The entire results of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidates that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone and/or electronic or communication gadgets will have his or her results cancelled
- All candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly uploaded as the council will not be responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. No request for correction will be entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original photo cards.
- Candidates who engage in any examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted.
2017 WAEC REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Please note that normal registration for 2017 WAEC GCE ends on June 28th, 2017.