The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has disclosed that it has improved the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) Mobile App to make it easier for candidates seeking admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria to access all admission-related issues from the comfort of their homes.
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission flow chart through which a candidate can accept or reject admission offers without visiting any JAMB CBT Centers or Cybercafes. Candidates can also print admission letters and proceed to the institution for further admission processing.
The Market Place feature in CAPS provides a mechanism for the institutions to source for candidates who may not have chosen the institution for admission consideration.
Basically, the JAMB app helps candidates to the following;
1. View Profile details and Bio-Data
2. View O’level details
3. Accept / Reject admission.
4. Accept / Reject Marketplace offer
5. Accept / Reject program transfer etc
Candidates expecting admissions need not go to any Cyber Cafe to perform these basic tasks.
How To Download and Access Features of The JAMB CAPS Mobile App
1. Candidates are to download the app on the google play store via this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flexcoder.capsmobile
2. Candidates are to login to the JAMB CAPS mobile app with the phone number they had used for the UTME registration.
3. After login, candidates are to enter their JAMB Registration Number where required and click on ENTER to get started
4. A verification process would be carried out on the provided information and if successful, an OTP code would be sent to the provided mobile number.
5. The candidate is to enter the OTP code and click on VERIFY to complete the verification exercise
6. After completion of verification, the candidate would be taken to the requisite admission page where he/she can access all features of the app like accept or reject the admissions offer, accept or reject transfer consideration by institutions that have if any, as well as accept or reject market place consideration by institutions.