It has been reported that many candidates have been unable to process and complete their 2017 JAMB UTME registration due to the fact that they have invalid JAMB ePIN.
Following investigations by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) the cases for Invalid JAMB E-pin are caused by the following;
Causes Of Invalid JAMB ePIN
- Many candidates going ahead to Buy E-pins without first creating their JAMB personal Profiles as directed.
- Candidates providing incorrect email addresses on the blank teller during payment for the e-pin
- Recent enforcement of email validation of candidates emails. Candidates who have not created their profile properly would be affected
- Unforeseen technical issues in the PIN vending system
Solutions To The Problems Of Invalid JAMB ePIN
All candidates who have been affected by this problem of Invalid JAMB E-PIN should take the following steps;
1.Please do not proceed to buy new ePINs. The cause of the ePINS have been investigated and JAMB is currently working on resolving it.
2. All candidates with the issues of Invalid JAMB E-pins have been captured by the system and will be sent their ePIN details on or before March 27th, 2017.
3. Candidates will be sent an email containing their names, Email and Valid JAMB ePINs on or before Monday MARCH 27TH, 2017.
How To Prevent The Issue Of Invalid JAMB E-PIN
To prevent the issue of invalid ePIN, candidates must ensure the do the following
1. Candidates MUST create their JAMB profiles before going to buy the JAMB ePIN. In case you have not created it yet.The ePIN vendor (banks or accredited centre ) can create it for you before issuing you the ePIN.
2. Each candidate’s email should be verified on the system, before an ePIN is issued to the candidate.
3. Any candidate with an incorrect email address will not be issued an ePIN. It therefore requires entering the same valid email address twice.
4. All candidates are to ensure that they provide valid phone numbers.
5. Candidates should ensure they use only JAMB accredited Centers and ensure they do not patronize fraudsters.
If you are charged above the JAMB official fee for processing your registration which is N700, send a report to JAMB via this link: support.jamb.org.ng