Tuesday , May 28 2024

Correction of Data and mistakes made during JAMB Registration

One important thing candidates registering for JAMB UTME are advised to do is to ensure that their details are correct before submission. However, we are still humans, and mistakes can be made and some of the mistakes may not be detected until it is late.

Now, what if you found out after submitting your online JAMB registration form that there is a mistake you ought to have corrected? Is it possible to correct some of the mistakes made during JAMB Registration? Well, the answer is yes! That is the essence of this post. However, according to the new rules of JAMB, there are mistakes that can no longer be corrected after JAMB registration.

Mistakes you can NOT correct after JAMB registration

  • Mistakes on Names
  • Mistakes on Date of birth or Age
  • Mistakes on JAMB UTME Subject combination.

This means that if you make any mistakes on any of the information above. JAMB will not give you another opportunity to change it. For mistakes on JAMB UTME Subject combination, there is only one way to resolve it. Read about that via this link: The Only Way To Correct Wrong JAMB Subject Combination

Mistakes you CAN correct after JAMB registration

  • Mistakes on State/L.G.A
  • Mistakes On Gender
  • Mistakes on Institution and course of study.

How To Correct Mistakes Made During JAMB Registration

For mistakes on State/L.G.A of origin and gender, you can correct these mistakes online by following the steps below;

  • Go to https://www.jamb.gov.ng/EfacilityLogin and login with your email address and password
  • Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
  • Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the sidebar.
  • Click on the data you want to change under menu items
  • Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
  • Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
  • Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately (Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira, N2,500 will be charged for any of these services). If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
  • On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
  • The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
  • Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
    a. Year of Exam and
    b. JAMB Registration Number
  • After entering the information correctly, your details will now appear.
  • Please provide the new information in the boxes provided.
  • After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
  • This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
  • Your institution will be responsible for the submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
  • Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
  • JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not know how to go about this. Do not try to do it by yourself. Visit any accredited centre or JAMB offices nationwide, they will help you carry out the process to avoid making another mistake while trying to correct the previous one.

How To Correct Mistakes Made On Choice Of Institution And Course

The process of correcting or making changes on the choice of course and institution selected during the JAMB registration form (Change of course/institution) is equally done online via the JAMB portal.

However, due to the sensitiveness of this process, we have dedicated a whole post on explaining the reasons you may need a change of course and institution and how best to go about it. So for proper guidance on change of course and institution, click on this link: JAMB Change Of Course And Institution – When And How To Apply For It

Share This Post:

Check Also

JAMB admission new

How To Print JAMB Mock Exam Venue And Time From JAMB Website

How can I reprint my 2024 JAMB Mock exam venue and time from the JAMB …


  1. Uguru Peter

    I have been trying to print my mock slip and it telling me that I am not a candidate

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *