Every year JAMB usually allow candidates to make changes in either the courses/institutions or both the course and institution they selected during JAMB UTME registration. There are reasons JAMB candidates may want to make changes on the course of study or institutions they initially selected during JAMB UTME Registration. However, we do advise that before you apply for JAMB Change Of Course And Institution, ensure you are making the changes for the right reasons.
What are the right reasons to change your course or institution? Let’s look at them;
Reasons to Apply For JAMB Change Of Course And Institution
There are three good reasons why a candidate may need to change his/her jamb choice of course or institution or both:
Case 1A. Due to Low UTME score:
After the release of Jamb results, candidates who scored below the cut-off mark for the institutions they initially selected, may need to change to other institutions that can accommodate or accept their UTME score.
Similarly, in most universities, you will require a high UTME score to get admitted into courses like Law, Medicine And Surgery, pharmacy etc usually . So if you initially chose any of these courses and have a low UTME score, then you definitely need to change to a course that can accommodate you UTME score in your
Case 2. Issues With O’level/UTME Subject Combination
Many candidates make the mistake of not choosing the right O/level/UTME subject combination for the course they wish to study. In case you don’t know, choosing the wrong subject combination automatically disqualifies you for admission. So if you discover that you have selected the wrong subject combination during JAMB registration, then you will need to change your course of study to match the subject combinations you entered during JAMB registration.
Case 3. Mistakes During Registration
Mistakes do happen at times regardless of how we try to avoid it. We have seen cases of candidates complaining that operators of registration centres mistakenly selected for them, courses and institutions outside what they (the candidates) wanted. If this is your case, then you may need to go for a change of course or institution as applicable.
Case 4. Other causes
These includes several factors ranging from finance, change in Geographical locations, Parent’s suggestions, Fear of Tribal differences, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are changing to another course or institution, first confirm if your O’level/UTME subject combination matches the one you want to change to and also your course of study is offered by your school of choice . This is very IMPORTANT. You can use the JAMB Brochure to know the right subject combinations and the courses offered in each institution.
Having seen cases when change of course and institution becomes necessary, the next question is, “how can I change my course/institution or both?”
How Do I Apply For JAMB Change Of Course And Institution?
To change your course/institution or both, follow the steps below;
- Go to http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ and login with your email address and password
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar.
- Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this.
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately (Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira, N2,500 will be charged for this service). If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
- Click Submit to complete your application.
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not know how to go about this. Do not try to do it by yourself. Visit any accredited centre or JAMB offices nationwide, they will help you carry out the process to avoid making another mistake while trying to correct the previous one.