Many candidates have complained that they have been unable to carry out a Change of course/ Institution and other data correction processes on their profile because they could not access the OTP that is sent to the phone numbers they used in JAMB registration because they have lost their SIM cards.
JAMB has now provided an official procedure such candidates are to follow to effect the needed changes.
Recall that JAMB introduced the use of OTP (One Time Password)which is sent to a candidate’s registered phone number in place of biometrics verification to prevent the spread of the Covid-19. The OTP must be presented before the correction of data can be carried out on the candidate’s UTME/DE registration.
All affected candidates are to follow the procedure below to carry out Change of course/ Institution and other data correction processes;
- The candidate must approach any of the JAMB Offices in person (not by proxy) as this service can only be carried out in JAMB Offices/ProfessionalTest Centres (PTCs) Nationwide;
- At the JAMB Office, the candidate should supply any of registration number, email and GSM number which the candidate used to register for the UTME or DE;
- The JAMB Official attending to the candidate directs the system to RESEND the OTP through email;
- The candidate goes and prints a copy of the email which contain the OTP;
- The candidate affixes a copy of his/her passport photograph to the printed email and presents it to the JAMB Official;
- The JAMB Official after confirming that the same person whose picture is affixed on the printed email is the same person whose picture is displayed on the screen proceeds to complete the correction of data.
- A copy of the printed email with the candidate’s affixed passport must be retained at the JAMB Office for any candidate whose correction of data was carried out with OTP sent through email.
- All subsisting COVID-19 protocols must be fully observed.
NOTE: ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD CORRECTION OF DATA BE DONE BY PROXY.