The University of the Arts London, United Kingdom is offering tuition and accommodation free scholarships for students from low and middle-income countries for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Value of Award: The UAL/ISH International Postgraduate Scholarship provides a £50,000 award to cover tuition fee charges and make a contribution towards living costs, Scholarship recipients will also be offered International Students House (ISH) accommodation for the duration of their study.
Application Deadline: 5th July 2024 (1pm)
Scholarship Type: Masters
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
Fields of Study: In order to be successful for tuition and accommodation scholarships, the candidate must have applied to study a full-time taught masters course at one of UAL’s six Colleges starting in the academic year of 2024/2025. Your course must offer either an M ARCH, MA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification.
The following courses do not qualify: Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert), Graduate Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma, Integrated Masters (or any similar course that qualifies for undergraduate support from UK student finance agencies), EMBA, MBA, distance learning, blended learning and online courses.
Eligibility: In addition to the residency criteria listed for each scheme, you must also meet the following criteria:
Criteria 1: You must currently hold an offer to study a full-time taught master’s course at one of UAL’s six Colleges starting in the academic year of 2024/2025. Your course must offer either an M ARCH, MA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification.
The following courses do not qualify: Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert), Graduate Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma, Integrated Masters (or any similar course that qualifies for undergraduate support from UK student finance agencies), EMBA, MBA, distance learning, blended learning, and online courses.
In addition, you are not eligible to apply if you already hold a UK postgraduate taught qualification (or one at an equivalent level) from studies undertaken in the UK or abroad.
Criteria 2: You need to be ordinarily resident in one of the low-income economy countries detailed in our list of qualifying countries (see below). G20 member countries have been excluded.
In your application, you’ll be asked to evidence with documentation that you are ordinarily resident in a qualifying country. For example, you may be asked for a copy of your immigration documents, ID card, or formal evidence of your address.
You are an asylum seeker in the UK at the point you make your UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship application.
Criteria 3: Your annual household income must be £50,000 or less (or the equivalent exchange value in a qualifying countries currency) at the point of the scholarship application.
Criteria 4: Providing a personal statement that responds to the following questions as part of your UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship application (maximum 350 words per question):
- Describe how receiving a Postgraduate Scholarship would make a difference to you
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans
- Describe how you would address challenges in your home country
- Tell us how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship
Duration of Programme: 1 year
Eligible Countries: Low and middle-income countries
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are to visit the university’s course page to select the course of their choice and apply for it and then follow the instructions below;
- Once you’ve received an offer of admission to study at UAL, the ‘my funding’ page on your applicant portal will be updated to include application forms for scholarships you may be eligible for.
- If you submit a scholarship application, we will email you after the deadline has passed to let you know if you have been successful.
- Please note that you need to apply for your course on time so you can receive your offer of admission and have enough time to send you a UAL International Postgraduate Scholarships online application form.
- Your completed UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship application form and supporting evidence must be submitted by 1pm on July 5th, 2024.