Many candidates often ask if their schools of choice will accept the combination of O’level results or accept O’level results obtained after two sittings. Combining O’level results or Using “Two sittings Result” is usually the case when a candidate does not have all the needed O’level requirements for the intended course of study in a single result, which means you have to provide an additional result to make up for the remaining required subject (s).
There are three recognized bodies when it comes to conducting O’level examinations in Nigeria;
- -The West African Examination Council (WAEC)
- -National Examination Council (NECO)
- –National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB)
One major question students or admission seekers often ask concerning the results obtained from these examination bodies is, “Can I combine “this” with “that”?
Now, let’s deal with that. When it comes to combining O’level results, one thing you should know is that almost all institutions accept two sittings and that means you can actually combine a maximum of two O’Level results when seeking admission into that course (WAEC/NECO, WAEC/WAEC, NECO/NECO, WAEC/NABTEB, NECO/ NABTEB, NABTEB/NABTEB) and their GCE equivalents regardless of the difference between the years you sat for them. However, there are exceptions;
- Some schools accept 5 credits at one sitting or 6 credits at two sittings for some courses e.g University of Ibadan (UI) accepts O’ level 5 credits at one sitting or 6 credits at two sittings for Law.
- UNIBEN, UNIBADAN, IMSU, ABSU, EBSU, UNIOSUN, ANSU, UNILORIN, DELSU, UNILAG, UNN, and BOWEN accepts just one sitting for Medicine And Surgery (MBBS).
- UI Accepts Just one sitting for Pharmacy
- All Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, etc accept a combination of results but it should not exceed two sittings
Combining O’level results does not really put you at a disadvantage during the admission process. The only time it does is in the instances mentioned above or if your school of choice decides to consider the number of O’level exam sittings as one of the primary criteria in the admission process which rarely happens.
So the bottom line is whether it is one sitting or two sittings, just make sure that you have the right O’level requirements for any course you intend to apply for in your school of choice.
Have you downloaded and activated the First Class JAMB CBT Mobile App for Android phones and Software for Computer systems? This will enable 2023 JAMB candidates to get familiar with the CBT environment and practice questions. To download now, visit this link: First Class JAMB CBT Mobile App for Android phones and Software for Computer systems
We hope this helps. If you have questions, you can ask using the comment box.